Capture/Proposal Manager Job Description
Demonstrated successful Capture/Proposal Manager needed to support IGH’s Federal Contracting pursuits. The successful candidate will develop capture plans, formulate a winning capture strategy, and obtain the resources necessary to prosecute the capture plan. Leads development of internal teaming and capabilities gap analysis, competitive assessments, discriminators and key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy and company value proposition. Serves as the lead for external teaming arrangements and team partner roles to include identifying, selecting, and recruiting teammates, subcontractors, and suppliers.
The Capture/Proposal Manager will develop an overall plan for managing each bid, pulling together the core team, ensuring appropriate assignments and tracking ongoing progress throughout the project. This position has accountability for the quality and compliance of the written deliverable. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for coordinating and delivering on proposals that will help win deals by effectively laying out the proposed solution and identifying its competitive advantages over competitor products/offerings.
Further, the Capture/Proposal Manager will be responsible for managing or supporting proposal development processes, including planning, organizing, strategy development, scheduling, ensuring compliance, writing, coordinating overall activities, preparing and communicating status reports, critiquing and making improvement recommendations, coordinating and assisting in proposal production, and leading all related tasks necessary to compete for and win contract awards.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop capture plans, formulate a winning capture strategy, and obtain the resources necessary to prosecute the capture plan.
- Leads development of internal teaming and capabilities gap analysis, competitive assessments, discriminators and key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy.
- Develops compelling solutions that are easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develops and presents oral proposals.
- Conducts various color reviews as part of the Business Development lifecycle
- Lead or coordinate with cross-functional team involved in capture process to produce high quality, winning proposals while meeting stringent schedule requirements and provide all necessary data for the customer to fully evaluate the proposal.
- Develop proposal schedule and ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Schedule business case reviews, go/no go, roadmap, and any related and required meetings with senior management for proposal submission.
- Coordinate the development of all proposal development materials including proposal outline, proposal management plan, and proposal kick-off meeting materials, storyboard and writing plans.
- Manage proposal content, including assessment of quality and form, and provide feedback and direction to the proposal team.
- As required, drafts sections of the proposal (not a primary job function).
- Craft a proposal framework from each RFP, answering each required element to develop a compliance matrix, and reviewing proposal for compliance.
- Works with Contracts and Operations to determine proposal team assignments.
- Works to ensure effective integration of win strategies, themes and discriminators into proposal response.
- Oversee final proposal production including coordinating editing, proofreading, printing, and binding.
- Assist in proposal reviews and promote standardized corporate proposal processes.
- Review and analyze Solicitation and related documents.
- Provide input on proposal development costs.
- Maintain and update all proposal procedures, templates, checklists, forms and other artifacts.
- Oversee process for capturing and disseminating artifacts useful for generation of proposals such as past proposals, resumes, past performance information, and graphics.
- Proposal development process owner, work with team on continuous improvement initiatives and metrics.