Established in 2006, Interactive Government Holdings, Inc. (IGH) is a leading professional service and technology provider to the Federal government whose mission is to serve our men and women in uniform globally and their support systems locally. We utilize strategy, data, science, and technology to make the programs we execute more efficient for the people our programs serve.
Currently, IGH has a national and international contract staff as well as a HQ team in Springfield, Virginia where the position is located. IGH currently operates in 91 locations globally.
IGH has consistently been ranked as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. Magazine for the last three years in a row. We are proud of our ability to shape tomorrow, while ensuring all active duty personnel and reservists can carry out their critical missions and tasks today.
Responsibilities and Duties
IGH is seeking an experienced executive and trusted adviser who will be involved in strategic planning and project portfolio management (>$10M annually), as well as supporting IGH's expansion globally. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Business Development Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the identification, development, qualification, and prioritization of new opportunities as well as supporting on-going business re-competes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate opportunities across the federal marketplace. Identify, qualify, capture, and assist in the proposal process.
- Establish functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Prepare and review weekly pipeline meetings with executive and proposal staff.
- Provide expertise and market intelligence in support of the company's strategic goals and will shape and manage the pipeline in support of those goals.
- Possess a demonstrated track record of success in leading capture and growth initiatives, and proven success in winning small medium and large contracts.
- Write and speak well and be just as comfortable speaking in front of customers as executive staff.
- Translate, articulate, and synthesize large volumes of information to both executive staff and the bid and proposal team.
- Help write technical, management, and staffing solutions during proposal development.
- Work very closely with executive and proposal staff.
- Lead the development of a robust pipeline of qualified and actionable opportunities in Civilian and Defense agencies.
- Lead business development activities associated with identification, qualification, capture, and bid activities including defining win strategies, creating teaming plans, and identifying competitive discriminators.
- Leverage competitive intelligence to identify, develop, qualify, and ultimately win new business.
- Have a breadth and depth of knowledge of multiple government Defense and Civilian agencies.
- Conduct analyses of market opportunities and perform gap analysis between customer needs and current offerings to identify potential future capabilities.
- Build and lead matrixed teams in pursuit of an opportunity.
- Build a project portfolio by identifying opportunities for corporate growth and leading capture planning and proposal development for new contracts.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of target opportunities to ensure continued growth of the company.
- Conduct ongoing and routine outreach to existing and potential clients. Provide annual forecasting and strategic and tactical planning.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and prime contractor partners.
- Author proposals, white papers, standard operating BD procedures, and other content.
- Represent the organization to government officials, partners, and vendors.
- Contribute to corporate strategy development in the areas of operations, technology, and business development.
The Director of Business Development will have at least ten years of directly related experience, including managing the finance and business operations of a high-growth >$10M organization. The candidate will have proven success identifying, influencing, responding to, and winning government contracts.
The Director of Business Development will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Business Administration, Management, or other related discipline.
- Exceptional communication skills and a self-starter attitude willing to lead and contribute to corporate activities within a dynamic and entrepreneurial small business environment.
- Thorough understanding of the Federal contracting environment, including Small Business Administration and Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements.
- Proven success leading multi-year initiatives and contracts worth at least $50M.
- Experience leading technology and other initiatives for clients.
- Experience with leading and directing the work of others.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Willingness to work long hours during peak periods.
- Frequent travel both locally and internationally.
Master's preferred Bachelor’s accepted dependent upon experience
- 10 years in Government Contracting
- Proven Sales Record
- Base Salary + Performance Bonuses
- Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability (Company Paid)
- 2x Salary Life Insurance Policy (Company Paid)
- 4% Matching 401K Plan
- 20 days of PTO
- Continuing education benefits
- Annual conference attendance benefit